Your privacy is important to AGA. Personally identifiable information (PII) is any information about an individual that is maintained by an organization, including information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as name, social security number, date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name, or biometric records; and any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial, and employment information.
In an effort to maintain data security in all realms of data collection, AGA requires that all online data collection programs conform to the following information security regulations:
- Personally identifiable information will not be stored on any server accessible by the public. This includes but is not limited to web servers and email servers.
- All personally identifiable information will be stored on securely controlled central database servers that conform to all access control and authentication regulations set forth by the management of AGA.
- AGA will ensure that all security principles, programming standards, data storage, and that all data elements are being collected securely and appropriately.
Online data collection programs are defined as any web form, application, or survey tool that is made available to the public and stores some or all of the personally identifiable information elements.
- How AGA collects and uses Personally Identifiable Information.
- With whom AGA may share Personally Identifiable Information.
- The choices available to you, as a Website visitor, regarding collection, use and sharing of Personally Identifiable Information.
- The security procedures that AGA has in place for Personally Identifiable Information under our control.
Collection and Use
AGA does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you except when you expressly volunteer the information. This includes when you:
- Register for a meeting, become a member, register for certification, purchase ordownload an AGA product or service.
- Request information (electronically) about AGA’s products and services, subscribe to newsletters, or enter a promotional contest.
- Use or participate in various services or features made available on the Website (including, for example and without limitation, blogs and other user communities).
- Use various tools to select AGA products and services that are suitable for your Website visit.
- Request contact with an AGA representative.
- Provide AGA with comments, questions or feedback about AGA products and services or your Website experience.
Among other things, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your requests and inquiries and to provide you with the services and features offered on or through the Website. We may also use your Personally Identifiable Information to communicate timely information and special offers (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you. You may choose not to receive such information by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling AGA Customer Service at 1-800-242-7211. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you register for a meeting or pay for products and services using a credit card, Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name and shipping address) and financial information (such as your credit card number and expiration date) may be required. This information may be used for billing purposes and to fill orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information may be used to get in touch with you.
The Personally Identifiable Information you give us via the Website and information about your order may be combined with other Personally Identifiable Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources. This information may be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient and will help us to improve the operations and maintenance of our Website and business.
AGA’s Website contains links to other sites. Some links are to sites of AGA’s partners that offer AGA members and customers a variety of special products and services. Please be aware that AGA is not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices on or of such other sites. We trust that you are aware when you leave the AGA Website, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each site to which ours is linked.
This Website takes reasonable precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information submitted to AGA via its Website. However, because the Internet is an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. When possible, certain sensitive Personally Identifiable Information is encrypted and protected using SSL software.
You may be able to create an account on our Website with a username and password. If so, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality and security of your account password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of the Website through your password or account, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to (a) immediately notify AGA of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. When you desire to cancel your account on this Website, it is your responsibility to notify AGA. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personally Identifiable Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would try to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the alternative contact information you would like us to use.
If you have any questions about privacy at the AGA Website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes (such as a zip code), or if you no longer desire to use or access our Website or services, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your Personally Identifiable Information. This can be done through by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling AGA Customer Service at 1-800-242-7211. AGA members and customers can also access and update Personally Identifiable Information by logging into the password protected area of the site.
Notification of Changes
Problems or Complaints