Hello Central Ohio AGA (COAGA) Chapter Members and those visting us who are not yet members! We are continuously trying to improve and expand the information that we provide on our site. We hope that you will all be satisfied with the finished product. Thank you for your patience.
– Roy Lydic, COAGA Webmaster
What is AGA?
Briefly, AGA has been serving the government financial management profession for over 50 years. As a not-for-profit educational organization, AGA serves the professional interests of financial managers from the local, state and the federal governments, as well as public accounting firms, responsible for effectively using billions of dollars and other monetary resources every day. Members are accountants, auditors, contract, financial and performance, budget analysts, chief financial officers, information systems managers, finance directors, inspectors general, professors and students. Membership in AGA is like tapping into a reservoir of actual real-world knowledge and experience of government financial management experts.
The COAGA Chapter actively creates an avenue for membership to share ideas with each other, to share knowledge and time with the community, and to promote the advancement of government standards and accountability within the profession.
The COAGA Chapter serves professionals in the government financial management community by providing quality, low-cost continuing education, promoting professional development and interaction among members, and fostering a commitment to community involvement as well as a sense of responsibility for advancing government accountability.
- Provide high quality, low-cost continuing professional education to the membership and the government accounting community.
- Promote the value of AGA membership in order to retain and expand membership.
- Promote the value of the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) program.
- Promote government financial management to schools and colleges and become spokespersons for the advancement of government accountability through quality course offerings to students.
- Promote networking among membership at chapter events.
- Promote Executive Board membership in order to diversify our ideas and strengthen our focus.
- Expand AGA membership throughout the state.