Speaker Registration Info:
All speakers are required to register for the event in which they are participating. AGA needs to be sure we have the correct contact information and a name badge prepared for each person upon arrival. Please complete the speaker registration form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
*Please contact Monica Cordova or Jerome Bruce if you are unable to present in person.
|My session only
|Entire day of my session
Note: If you decided to register for the entire NLT event or for the full day of your session date, you will receive the "Know Before You Attend" email one week before the event, from sender AGA National Office (email@example.com). Please check your spam/junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.
Moderator Registration Info:
Please complete the moderator registration form and e-mail it to Monica Cordova (firstname.lastname@example.org) at your earliest convenience. Register for NLT 2023 online as a regular attendee, by using one of the complimentary registrations included in your company's sponsor package or to attend the session only for free.
* Speakers & Moderators are required to present in person at the Ronald Reagan Building.
Bios & Headshot/Attire/Audiovisual:
- Bio & Headshot — Send a 40–100 word bio in sentence form (no bullets or resumes) and a high-resolution headshot in .jpg/.jpeg format to Monica Cordova at your earliest convenience.
- Attire — Since no tables will be in front of our speakers, we request appropriate business casual attire be worn . For ladies, we suggest to wear slacks or skirts below the knee.
- Room Set-up & Audiovisual — Speakers and moderators will be sitting on chairs that are spread out across the stage. Each panelist will receive a sanitized lavalier mic. Wearing a mask is optional while on stage. Moderators are required to use their own device to monitor the Q&A, please visit your "app store” to download the NLT 2023 app or go to nlt.cnf.io, and select your session to view the questions submitted by your audience.
Moderator Responsibilities & Best Practices:
As the moderator, you will serve as a discussion facilitator. You will introduce speakers, keep time, and facilitate the audience Q&A portion of the presentation.
- Arrive at the session room at least 15 minutes before the start of the presentation. This will allow you to greet the speakers at the front of the room and connect with the audiovisual technicians.
- If you plan to use PowerPoint, the presentations will be loaded onto the laptop located in the session room and saved as “session ID_ All Speakers/Speaker last name.” When you arrive in the room, please open the PowerPoint, if it’s not opened already, and verify that it is ready to go. AV technicians will be available to assist with audiovisual equipment as needed.
- Moderators are required to use their own device (cell phone or tablet) to view attendees’ questions. Please visit your "app store" and download the NLT 2023 app or go to nlt.cnf.io and select your session number to see the questions submitted by your audience, ranked by popularity. For more tips on how our Q&A works, check out the Presentation Materials & Engagement Tools section posted below.
Presentation Materials & Engagement Tools:
- Slide Design & Template — We strongly encourage all speakers to use the NLT'22 PowerPoint template provided at the link below and follow the slide design guidelines.
- Presentation slides are posted for attendees to view and to print before the training. By submitting your slides to AGA, you agree to their publication unless otherwise specified.
- To maintain consistency, combine all speaker slides into one PowerPoint deck in the order in which they will be presented. Send the final slide deck to Monica Cordova (with your polling spreadsheet, if applicable) on or before Feb. 6.
- For more information on the benefits of polling in your presentation, please click on the image below.
- Team Battle! — Team Battle is a quiz-style game in which groups of attendees compete against one another to answer questions quickly and correctly. If you would like to incorporate Team Battle into your presentation, please follow the instructions below.
- Include one blank slide in your presentation where you want to begin the battle.
- Complete the Team Battle spreadsheet with your questions and answers. Please indicate in your spreadsheet which answer is the correct one!
Polling & Team
Social Q&A — Social Q&A allows attendees to anonymously ask the panelists questions in real-time, during a session. Using the NLT App, virtual attendees will submit questions through the Q&A tab in the chatroom on their player screen. Attendees can see questions other people ask and upvote ones they want speakers to address. This feature will be used in all sessions. Please watch the Social Q&A tutorial video below for more information.
Social Media Tips:
The official hashtag for NLT 2023 is #NLT23. View updates, conversations, photos and more by clicking on the hashtag in social media posts.
For Use on Twitter
- I’m speaking at @agacgfm #NLT23! Add my session to your schedule: [Insert Your Unique Session Link]
- Register now to join me at @agacgfm #NLT23. Don’t forget to add me to your schedule: [Insert Your Unique Session Link]
- I can’t wait to speak at @agacgfm #NLT23! Learn more about my session and add it to your schedule. [Insert Your Unique Session Link]
- Planning my #NLT23 session [insert session number] — what do you want to know about [insert topic]?
For Use on Facebook
- Join me at (tag @AGACGFM) #NLT23! I’ll be presenting [Insert Session Title], [Insert Your Unique Session Link].
- Looking forward to speaking at (tag @AGACGFM)’s #NLT23. Learn more about my session [Insert Your Unique Session Link].
- So excited to be speaking at (tag @AGACGFM)’s #NLT23. Register and learn more about my session [Insert Session Title], [Insert Your Unique Session Link].
Non-Commercial Content Policy/Code of Conduct:
The training event may not be used as a platform for commercial sales or self-promotion, or as a forum to criticize competitors. Presenters must share information in an educational and non-commercial manner that is not specific to a product or service. Presenters also must refrain from overt statements, harsh language, partisan political views, and/or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group. Click the button below to review AGA's code of conduct for private sector moderators and presenters.
Code of Conduct for Private
AGA prohibits unauthorized recording or broadcasting (video or audio) of any AGA event. This policy includes both in-person and virtual events.
Please contact Monica Cordova for all inquiries at email@example.com