NextWave Federal Finance Leadership Program
Unlock your leadership potential to inspire, empower, and drive impactful change.
The 2024 Application Period is now closed! Congratulations to the inaugural 2022 Cohort and to the 2023 Cohort!
The NextWave Federal Finance Leadership Program (NextWave) is a transformative journey that empowers experienced GS 13-15s (federal government employees) in financial management to become visionary leaders. This program offers a platform for forward-thinking individuals to redefine the finance function within the federal government.
NextWave consists of three phases, combining educational sessions, interactive engagement with federal CFOs/DCFOs, and self-reflection exercises. Participants will also collaborate on a team capstone project to simulate real-life transformation opportunities. Additionally, participants can earn up to 17 CPE credits throughout the program. Please view the 2024 Schedule. Some sessions are virtual and some are in-person (at a venue in Washington, D.C.).
Phase 1: Better Me
- Participants embark on a self-discovery journey, identifying their unique personas and exploring the attributes that align with their personal and professional growth. By nurturing a transformative mindset, individuals lay the foundation for their leadership development.
- Time commitment: 2 educational sessions (lectures) and 1 interactive session - approximately 12 hours
Phase 2: Better Us
- Participants reimagine the role of finance within the federal government, envisioning how OCFO functions can deliver greater value to employees and key stakeholders. This phase encourages innovative thinking and challenges the status quo, fostering a culture of excellence.
- Time commitment: 2-3 educational sessions (lectures) and 1 interactive session - approximately 12 hours
Phase 3: Better Working World
- Seasoned executives share their invaluable experiences and insights, revealing the strategies they employed to drive change throughout their careers. Participants gain invaluable wisdom from these leaders, empowering them to become catalysts for transformation.
- Time commitment: 2 educational sessions (lectures) and 1 interactive session – approximately 12 hours
- Participants will engage in an immersive learning experience on methodologies and tools for designing the ‘vision of the future’ for their organization, and an actionable approach for realizing desired outcomes.
- Time commitment - 3 educational sessions (lectures) – approximately 6 hours
Capstone Group Project
- Participants integrate their newfound knowledge and experiences into an executive presentation and actionable report, addressing complex challenges faced by today's financial organizations. This collaborative team project provides an opportunity to apply their learning and achieve transformational success.
- Time commitment: Interactive team assignment - approximately 28 hours
Application Process and Fee
The application closed November 24, 2023 at Midnight EST. The selection process will include an interview. Acceptance into the program is limited to a maximum of 30 individuals.
AGA is proud to offer this leadership program at no charge with the support of our Corporate Partner, EY.
Questions? Please contact Susan Fritzlen.