NextWave Federal Finance Leadership Program
Master leadership skills to inspire, empower and influence outcomes.
The application period for the 2023 program is now closed. Congratulations to the inaugural 2022 Cohort!
The NextWave Federal Finance Leadership Program (NextWave) will enhance participant's own purpose to build the vision, teams and infrastructure needed to realize the finance organization of the future. The Program provides a platform for transformative thinkers and leaders to reimagine the finance function within the federal government.
The program is open to experienced GS 13-15s (or equivalent) in federal financial management who have a goal of becoming a financial organization leader, SES, DCFO or CFO.
The NextWave program includes three phases that each have an educational component (featuring lectures) as well as an interactive component where participants engage with federal CFOs/DCFOs to challenge the status quo in a safe environment. The Program also includes a booklet with structured exercises to be used as a self-reflection tool. The program's final component is a team capstone that is designed to simulate real-life transformation opportunity development.
Up to 6 CPE credits are offered during discrete elements of the curriculum.
Phase 1: Better Me
- Participants identify their personas and the attributes of CFO roles that inspire their personal and professional growth needed to achieve a transformative culture. This self-relfection is a critical component of developing future leaders.
- Time commitment: 2 educational sessions featuring lectures and 1 interactive session - approximately 12 hours
Phase 2: Better Us
- Participants reimagine how the government can deploy OCFO functions that deliver higher value experiences for government employees and key stakeholders.
- Time commitment: 2-3 educational sessions featuring lectures and 1 interactive session - approximately 12 hours
Phase 3: Better Working World
- Participants will have the opportunity to learn from senior executives about how they have affected change throughout their career and the lessons they learned from those experiences.
- Time commitment: 2 educational sessions featuring lectures and 1 interactive session – approximately 12 hours
Capstone Group Project
- Participants translate their learning and experiences into an executive presentation and actionable report on how to achieve transformational success in a selection of complex challenges facing today's financial organizations.
- Time commitment: Interactive team assignment - approximately 28 hours
Application Process and Fee
The application period is now closed for the 2023 program. For Cohort 2023, a maximum of 30 individuals will be accepted into the program.
AGA is proud to offer this leadership program at no charge with the support of our Corporate Partner EY.
Questions? Please contact Susan Fritzlen.