- Aug. 2, 2023
- Nov. 15, 2023
- Dec. 5, 2023
- Dec. 11, 2023
- Dec. 15, 2023
- FY 23 CEAR Program agency packet and filing fees due
- Dec. 31, 2023
- December 2023
- Digital reviews begin
- Agency packets mailed to reviewers
- March/April 2024
- Reviewer Team Meetings
- Harold I. Steinberg Excellence in Accountability Report Award nomiations due
- May 2024
- Do you have considerable knowledge of and experience in federal government financial management and/or performance measurement and the reporting of results?
- Do you have general knowledge of federal government operations, and the subjects covered by an AFR or PAR?
For each agency applicant, we pull together a team of five people to review the agency report submitted. Team members will be assigned after the reviewer training and will be notified accordingly via email.
Each team member, on their own, must identify and prepare written recommendations for matters in which the reviewer believes the report could be improved and decide whether the report should receive the Certificate of Excellence and possibly a special award. Once each team member completes the reviews, the team will meet as a group — virtually or in-person at AGA National office located in Alexandria, Va. — to review a compendium of all the recommendations, reach an agreement and vote on the award.
Benefits | CPEs for Reviewers
As a CEAR Reviewer, you will be able to earn up to six Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE). Here are the training sessions that will offer CPEs for Reviewers.
- Preparer's Training | Aug. 2, 2023 | 9 - 11 a.m. ET | 2 CPEs | FOS: AUDG
If your agency is participating or thinking about participating in the CEAR Program, you may choose to attend this training to get insights on some best practices of preparing an award-winning report.
- Reviewer training/first-time reviewers | Dec. 5, 2023 | 9-11 a.m. ET | 2 CPEs | FOS: AUDG
AGA will be hosting a training session for first-time reviewers and for returning reviewers who need a refresher on Dec. 5, 2023. Training will be held virtually via webinar.
- Team meeting/training | Mar. 2024 | 2 CPEs | FOS: AUDG (Auditing Governmental)
Reviewers participating in report comment review team meetings will be able to earn up to two hours of CPE credits! In person and virtual options may be available.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.242.7211 ext: 322.